Monday, December 24, 2012

Well, bugger

I was on Pinterest and saw a book that looked interesting, so I clicked on it.  It had a review on the Oprah website and they had a sweepstakes and I filled it out and submitted and now, poof, I am subscribed to O magazine.  And all of the customer service links require and account number to contact them!!   What a racket!!    So I'll just cancel when I get a bill I guess.  

I have nothing against Oprah, although she is a little touchy feely for me.  I do find it egotistical for a person to put their own picture on their own magazine every month.   But I guess those are the perks of the rich.
I actually had a subscription once and they fulfilled their year's promise by starting with 2 back issues as part of my year long subscription so we did not start off on a good foot.  So the shady "thanks for subscribing while entering a sweepstakes Surprise!! and you can't contact us to cancel it"  scam really does not surprise me.  It's probably the only way they can get rid of the issues in the warehouse.  Grrrr

No comments: