Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Long, long day...

I left for school about 710 this morning and I got home at 802.  Tonight was the Christmas music program for our 3rd, 4th & 5th graders.  The entire thing was only about half an hour long but we had set up and take down and cookies and punch and parents to get rid of and kids to pick up.  And I took my friend JB home and now I'm tired.

They have to do secular music only (we would not want to offend anyone mentioning CHRIST !) and not the normal, familiar songs so I did not recognize any of the songs (except for the fact that they've been singing them since Halloween) but the kids did a great job.  Three girls sang together at the beginning of one song and they sounded good and the 4th graders played bells too.  I would like to say if we have to go secular, my favorite is 'Silver Bells' and if we could mention the reason for the season, I'd have to go with 'O Come All Ye Faithful'  but in spite of the fact that they sang neither, I thoroughly enjoyed the concert.

But I am glad to be home.  One more obligation, on Thursday, at the Principal's house and then having to wait til noon on Friday Dec 21 and I'm home free for a couple of weeks.

No comments: