Thursday, December 6, 2012

Duck Dynasty

Tonight I watched my first ever Duck Dynasty.  I'd heard of it but had never seen it before and everyone in my office loves it and recommended it so I DVR'd it.   I know a little about the show, that these guys made a ton of money making duck calls or something like that but the redneck runs deep deep deep!  

Tonight was their Christmas show.  One of the wives talked her Duck husband into being the church Santa and his uncle into being an elf and the results were interesting.  After the elf told all the kids that the sleigh crashed after losing one of the reindeer, he told them it was ok...they had eaten on it for 3 days.  And then for gifts, he handed out office supplies.  Needless to say, the kids went home with a lot of questions.

Meanwhile, at Mom's house, the rest of the boys were putting Christmas lights on everything that was not currently moving while Mom was putting Christmas crap on every available surface and making a perduckin which I understood to be a duck stuffed inside a chicken stuffed inside a turkey stuffed inside a pig and several sweet potato pies to bribe the lighting crew outside.   And  most of the lights worked...OY of JOY on the roof and all over the storage shed, the house, the barn and the owner's truck.   And they ended by singing 'Silent Night' and 'Oy to the World'

If they are truly a nutter family and they are making even more money on reality TV, then more power to them.  If it's all staged, they have a southern writer with a keen eye for redneck.  It was pretty good although I have probably seen enough of them.

Now I need to find an episode of Honey Boo Boo to record.

No comments: