Monday, December 31, 2012

2013~~Happy New Year

Happy New Year!!




It's still 2012 where I am but I'll probably not be awake to see it it and  it's 2013 somewhere!!   So happy new year everyone!!

We already read about my 2012 so I wont rehash here.  Instead I'll put forward my plans?  Resolutions? Dreams?   Whateve you call them.  I have the standards.  Lose weight. That one is eternal.  Save money.  I need that one too.  Socialize more.  That one is hard for me.  Watch lessTV.  That one is getting easier because TV is kinda crap.  I need to read more.  Write more.  Be kinder and more patient.  

Today I watched Dr Phil.  I like him although I cannot take a steady dose of him.  Actually, he is ok but he has some mean and stupid guests and they just have crap I don't need to see too much of.  But today was about resolutions and, as usual, he makes sense.  So I'm going to do it for the weight loss. Here is his plan, paraphrased:

1.  Set a specific goal.  It's hard to achieve something without a name. I still don't have the courage to write a  startingnumber here but I'd like to lose 30+ pounds.  I'd be happy with 30 but will take more.   To that goal, Weight Watchers online.  

2.  Set a goal that has a measurable outcome.  That one is easy.  Watch out scale!!

3.  Assign a timeline.  Ok, 2 pounds a week is doable.   I've done it before on WW.  But I'm going to give myself more time.  30 gone by the first day of school for 2013 school year.  Late August.  I don't know the actual date.

4. Choose a goal I can control.  Easiest of all.  I make all of those decisions.

5.  Identify small steps.  I'll be using the online tool and I'll post the small steps here.  Prepare to be bored.

6.  Create accountability.  This is the hardest I think.  It says I should have a person I have to report to. I'm gonna have to think about this one.

7.  Set your environment up to succeed.  I can do this.  So many things are WW friendly.  I just need to be a better food diary person.

8.  Change your lifestyle.  Easier said than done but WW is just that.

I want all of these things every year.  And all any of us can do is try, try to be better.  Better than we did last year.  We can only hope for things to get better and easier.  We'll all see.  Maybe this will be my accountability. 








No comments: