Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve 2012

It's been a year since my last Scrooge-y Christmas rant and I have to say I am not as Scrooge-y as normal.

Part of it is a break from school, one that I really needed.  Two weeks off perks me right up every time.

And I bought my few Christmas presents before the crowd and have managed to avoid most of it.

I am invited to Sarjim & Rick's for Christmas dinner tomorrow and am taking a salad and a banana pudding and am really looking forward to that.

I made 'Reindeer Noses' for everyone at school and some little candy pretzel things and everyone was appreciative.  I found them both on Pinterest and showed pictures of my done products already.  And I was overwhelmed by small gifts from Secret Santa, other teachers, my principal and my neighbor Benny who made me brownies and peanut brittle.  Not a lot of $$ spent or needed...but a lot of heart.  Overwhelmed.

I have gift cards from Olive Garden & Cracker Barrel & from 2 movie theaters.  Wow.

But it's Christmas Eve and the loneliness is still here.  I did talk to Steve and he had Christmas with Gray yesterday and will be alone tomorrow.  I invited him here but he wants to eat and watch football so I guess we'll both be ok.  I still miss it feeling like Christmas Eve though.  I should have gone to church but truly did not think about it until right this minute.

'It's a Wonderful Life' is on so maybe I'll watch that, or another movie.  And I have probably made myself sick on caramel corn which was delish!!   And Les Miz opens tomorrow so going to watch it on Wednesday.  And I can sleep late for 2 weeks straight.  And tomorrow I get Paula Deen's banana pudding.

Dang, I'm sounding practically joyful!!



No comments: