Thursday, December 27, 2012

A tumbleweed or 90

This was our school courtyard last week after the icky windstorm.  My friend Sam took this picture.

I'd heard tale of people actually buying tumbleweeds and I went to Ebay and sure enough, there are a few for sale.  One is listed with this description:

Utah Tumbleweeds-Romance of Old West-Authentic-Cowboy Ranch-Western Decor

I lived on a ranch with a cowboy for a large part of my life and don't know a soul that sees tumbleweeds as "western decor".    I'm not making fun of the seller...good for him!  I'm just making fun of the greenhorn that falls for it!  I did look and found no sales on Ebay.  But I did find a website called Curious Country Creations and they sell tumbleweeds and have reviews!!   We might have an rarely tapped market here!!

I have neighbors from New York who always have something to say about the difference in our Texas ways.  Basically, they have been here for years and have chosen to complain instead of embrace.  One of them was telling me about paying something like $200 for a cat in NY.  Here, all you have to do is look in the paper.  There are free kittens everywhere!!   I might be a hick, but I wouldn't buy a cat.  Or a tumbleweed.

No comments: