Saturday, December 22, 2012

Cinnamon Sprinkle Muffins

First, these are really good.  The recipe I used called them French Toast Muffins but I'm not sure why the name...they don't taste like french toast to me.  So I decided to change the name.
Cinnamon Sprinkle Muffins

Muffin
1/3 Cup melted butter
1/2 Cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 Cup of milk
1 1/2 Cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 tsp nutmeg

Topping
1/2 Cup butter
1/2 Cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Mix melted butter, sugar, egg & milk.  Mix all dry ingredients, fold into butter mixture.  Batter will be lumpy but don't over mix. Pour into Pam sprayed muffin tin.  Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes.  For topping, dip warm muffin in melted butter, then in sugar cinnamon mix.

My recipe made 9 and I probably could have gotten 12 out of them if I could make them more even.  And I had some cinnamon/sugar already mixed that I have had forever from one of those Sam's tall spice things so I used that.  I basically dipped and then sprinkled.  I also could have baked a couple of minutes less as mine were a little dry but not too much.  They were pretty yummy.   And they are not too sweet.

No comments: