Friday, October 1, 2010

It's Breast Cancer Awareness Month

It's October 1 and the awareness begins!!   There are thousands of diseases out there that need attention and I often think maybe this one gets more than it's share.  I wear a pink shirt and carry a pink grocery bag and have a pink ribbon pin.  The AJ was pink today and the Susan G Komen walk is tomorrow.   And I participate in it all because on May 31, 1997 I lost my big sister Cathy to breast cancer.  She had many battles and it finally won.  And statistics show that I have a high probability of meeting it in my future too.  So I'd like a cure  so if that happens, it will benefit me.   For now, I choose to honor Cathy and walk in her name...for me her sister, for her daughters, for her granddaughters.   Lets get rid of this disease so we can concentrate on another.

No comments: