Saturday, October 30, 2010

For Daddy

I bought about a dozen cookbooks today at a garage sale and one is called 'Kansas Cookin' and inside is a poem that is not at all credited and I found it online and it says 'author unknown'.  I really like it and give all kinds of snaps to the author, whoever he is.

Cowboy Life

I've met a heap o' cowboys, and some were real top hands.
I saw a million cattle, and read a lot o' brands.
I've seen some hard old winters, when nearly all the cattle died.
I've rode some cuttin' horses that could turn right out their hides.
I ate my share o' beefsteak, and drunk some whiskey too. 
An' done a little dancin' with nothin' else to do
'Been bucked off old outlaws that I couldn't start to ride,
An' saw some great old buddies go over the Great Divide.
With friends and family now I'm makin' my last stand
An hopin to be horseback when I reach  the Promised Land

No comments: