Thursday, August 5, 2010

Traffic Circles

Several years ago we had this interchange thingy called the traffic circle.   I'm sure there was a good reason for it at one time but as traffic increased and with the stupidity of drivers, it later became the circle from hell.  The idea was to get on and off (and for everyone to let you get on and off) easily and without traffic lights.  It had  feeder streets that let you on and the idea was to get off somewhere around the circle and head a different direction.  Chaos is what it was.  Finally it was replaced before the death toll went too high.

The reason I bring this up is that I like to surf blogs and the top of mine normally has a 'Next Blog' button that will take you to someone else's Blogspot blog and you can read for years.  The problem is that with the next blog you can sometimes get in a traffic circle--the same blogs going in circles or with the same themes which you are really not interested in and you have to go back to the beginning of the traffic circle so you can see if you can ever actually make it in a different direction.  My blog is not the most interesting by any stretch but I am diverse enough not to fit into a circle.   Some of the circles:

Invitro couples.   Thousands of them out there
People with thousands of pictures of babies
People with thousands of pictures of plants
People with a 'picture a day' theme.  Trust me...it's been done.
Chinese booty call blogs  (the only people who comment on my blog!!)
Cooks
Painters & other artists of all kinds
Movie reviewers
Blogs not in English (Blogspot has lumped them all together, it does not appear they are all speaking the same language)

Occasionally I stumble across something I like but they tend to be off the beaten path.   They are in my blogs followed section.  Check them out.

No comments: