Thursday, August 12, 2010

I'm a prime number!!

I'm 53 today.  I think I've mentioned before that I am now older than my sisters ever were.  I really do think age is just a number and I don't see 53 being much different than 52 but we will see what the year holds, huh?

I guess that on my birthday I tend to reflect even more than on New Years.  This past year has been eventful.

My first full year without Mom & Daddy being here.

Made great strides at Christmas, dinner with Sarjim's family and Christmas night w/Kim's family.  I have a hard time with strangers and I came through with flying colors.

Reconnecting with cousins and Uncles and Aunts, in person and on Facebook.

Retirement, dividing my income by 5, now the proud owner of my paid off house and car.

Great trip to Dallas, saw Cliff Lee pitch and Greenman, all in one trip.

Plans now for Iowa & Dallas, for sure for the game at the Cotton Bowl and maybe more before then.

Figuring out if or when I want to go back to work.

Eternally working on weight issues.  Connecting with veggies, trying to eat better.   An ongoing fight, one day at a time.

Seriously not bored yet...and I think it will come...but cannot figure out how I got everything done before.

Missing Mom and Daddy tremendously but finally convincing myself that I did my best for them.   I feel them looking down on me everyday, telling me to go for it...whatever it is.  No limits.   Find the adventure. Open my heart.


Above is Bill Watterson's final Calvin & Hobbes.   I feel like this now.

No comments: