Thursday, June 7, 2012

Random break in thoughts...

I've had some time to stew over the break in and what it means in my small life.  I hate living behind an electronic wall.  I set the alarm when I leave, when it gets dark and I'm here, when I take a shower.  I feel safe but I hate it.

I've evaluated what I'm going to replace and it's not much.  No laptop, no Ipad.  It was ridiculous for one person to have 3 computers anyway.  I did get a new Nook because along with my Ipad they took all of my Ebooks and I have convinced myself I needed that.  It was technically a pretty easy sell.

I'm having to get an affidavit from my friend Deb who has seen my jewelry so I can get paid for it.  I rarely wore it but there were a couple of good pieces.  And they were mine and I'd like to get paid.  But I won't be replacing any of it.  They did not get the watch I wear when I wear one.

The insurance adjuster had been kind and fair so far so we'll see.  I don't know why I go into something like this and expect a fight, expect a lowball.  I am almost always pleasantly surprised with the outcome.   Even while he is waiting for the affidavit and working on the rest of my stuff he is paying me up front for the window repair so that gave me a warm & fuzzy about him.  

I'm really not a "stuff" person but it seems sometimes I sure do have a lot.  My office is a mess and I have a ton of DVD's and I considered getting rid of them but they and the books are what I really enjoy so I'm not getting rid of them yet.   I have been brutal in other parts of the house though.   The kitchen cabinets are next, when I feel better.

I wonder why they left the WII...maybe they did not see it.  And they could have taken this new, towerless, wireless computer by just unplugging it.   Just curious.

The police sgt thinks they caught my burglars with my neighbors description but apparently all of my stuff is gone.  We'll see.




No comments: