Thursday, June 21, 2012

Those Mitchum Boys

Tonight I was watching a movie called "Ride the Wild Surf", a beach movie made in 1964.  Most of my friends know that I am a fan of cheesy 60's beach movies and that if it has Frankie and Annette in it, I probably own it.  But...this one had neither...it had 21 year old Fabian, 32 year old Tab Hunter and 28 year old Peter Brown as the leads.  I got this info from Robert Osborne on TCM and find it amusing that a 32 year old man is playing a surfing teenager.  It also had a brunette Barbara Eden and a blonde Shelley Fabares.  Both look better as blonde's and brunette's respectively.  Hair color aside (Peter Brown was a blonde too), everyone looked fit and gorgeous. \\

The movie was typical beach movie, which means not very good.  But the eeriest thing is that it also had an actor named James Mitchum, son of actor Robert, who I did not realize was an actor too.  It's eerie because he looks exactly like his dad!!  While watching the movie it was all I could think about!!  They have the same eyes...
Robert Mitchum
James Mitchum




















I always thought James Mitchum was a handsome man, especially at the age where the above picture was taken.   I read a story once that when he proposed to his wife Dorothy,  he told her to "Stick with me and you'll be farting through silk".  They were married for 57 years.  

No comments: