Friday, July 16, 2010

Acquaintances

I have, over the years, obviously worked with a ton of people.  Some have turned into family and some I tolerated and had a working relationship with and over the years as we have left the jobs, I have run into at different things and we make polite conversation.   But on a social basis, it's ok with me if I don't spend time with them.   Some only want to discuss their grandchildren, which is ok for a minute, but then really have nothing else to say.   We certainly have nothing in common.  But sometimes I feel like a jerk if a I'm discussing with a friend something like going out to eat and they want to make it a party and invite people that I don't necessarily view as friends.  But they can see the others at a different time right?   I'm probably not high on their hit parade either.

Dr Phil says people in your life contribute or contaminate.  I think we need a 3rd category.  Clutter?  Yep, I like it.

No comments: