Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our President and the Gulf Crisis

Tonight, President Obama spoke to the nation about the oil spill situation and it is a mess that is going to take a lot of fixing.   I did not vote for Mr Obama and I think he, like most polititions on both sides of the aisle, is clueless on how to fix the problems in this country.  I don't tend to have the malice that some have towards him.  He is probably a good man and I think he wants was best and I want to like and support him but he promised change and I have seen none for the better.  It's going to take more than him, thats what I'm saying.  We need to elect people who represent what is best for us as citizens instead of lining their pockets.   Ok, stepping down from soapbox now.

What I came to say is that I really liked his reference to 'The Blessing of the Fleet' where ministers of all walks of life meet at the beginning of the fishing season to pray for the safety and success of those headed out to sea.  The line that I really liked tonight was this:

For as a priest and former fisherman once said of the tradition, "The blessing is not that God has promised to remove all obstacles and dangers. The blessing is that He is with us always," a blessing that's granted "even in the midst of the storm."


What more can we ask for in this life?

No comments: