Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The nail has finaly been hit on the head...

On June 18 I will walk away from a really good paying job that I have worked at for 25 years and I will walk into the unknown. This is not a secret. I know people probably think I am crazy and maybe I am. And while I can explain that my company is not the same company I went to work for it's hard to explain beyond that. Then today, after another crazy busy day I was walking out with Jan and she said something that brought things into the light. Her observation was that she can't fix our company because it is not fixable. I've always known that but I have always taken pride in the fact that even if my customer hated my company, he left my desk knowing that I did everything I could to make him happy and to fix his problem. Now I can not only not fix the company, now my ability to provide quality customer service is diminished to a level that I can't live with. I need to be able to treat people the way I want to be treated and I no longer have the ability to do that because customer service is not possible. We are expected to accomplish things that drive any personalized service right out the door because there is too much to do and too little time to do it in. Thy want less people to do more work for less compensation. Everyone is stressed out, everyone has too much to do and while some are willing to help, most have had any caring driven right out of them. I need to work for a company who values their customers more than my company does Its time to move on.

121 days according to my Iphone countdown App.

2 comments:

Carol said...

This is so very, very true! You could not have summed it up any better.

Carol

Ryan said...

One reason I left working for America Online and Convergys. hated telling that 70yr old lady that we are going to take all her money from her card because she tried clicking off an ad on our screen and it charged her instead .. man, the dreams back then I recall had people taking out of the center from seizures on stretchers, OH! that wasn't a dream!