Saturday, February 20, 2010

February 21


A couple of weeks ago I talked about losing my mom and now it's daddy's turn. February is not my favorite month...

I lost my dad a year ago Sunday. Like with mom, the call came about 2am from a nice nurse whose job it is to tell me it was peaceful.

I was lucky enough to have my dad with me the last 3 years of his long life and as with my mom my heart hurts every day because I miss him. I am finally at the point where I can sleep without listening for him to call out. But I wish he was here to call out.

My dad would tell you he had a good life...he got to make a living cowboying, he had mom with him for 58 years, he had a ton of friends and a family that thought he hung the moon. I know now he is in Heaven with mom and I hope he can hear a pin drop.

I'll see them all again some day...

No comments: