Saturday, February 27, 2010

Facebook

This morning I went on Facebook and there was an IM from a friend who told me she was in trouble. Being FB I figured it was that she needed someone to click and finish her barn. Then she told me she was in London and that she and her son had been robbed at gunpoint and needed $$. Now I called my friend--who told me her mom had received an email saying the same thing. She had obviously been hacked. I didn't really believe anything was wrong but what bothered me more is that the hacker used my friend's son's name in the IM. I then thought most of the day about Facebook and why I like it. I like it because I can keep up with my family and friends but it has become something much bigger. My profile has way too much info on it and I have accepted friend invitations from friends of friends who need neighbors for whatever.

Today, I removed info and neighbors and friends that I am not related to or close enough to keep track of every day. I started to deactivate the entire thing but really like reading about my family. But I will be very careful what I put there.

On the surface, this blog appears to have more personal stuff but as with most people and things in my life, personal really is not personal. I don't really don't talk to anyone much about anything personal. But I'll think twice about putting it out there anyway.

No comments: