Thursday, January 28, 2010

Robert B Parker

Today I read that one of my favorite authors, Robert B Parker died. I am very sad. Among other characters, he created Spenser (with an 's', like the poet, no first name ever given). Spenser is a Boston 'private cop' who along with best friend Hawk, longtime girl Susan and their shared dog Pearl and various buddies on both sides of the law has solved crime for 30 years. He was always "armed to the teeth, dressed to the nines". He was intelligent, loved to cook, loyal to a fault and, over the years, a literary friend. I will miss him greatly.

I used to have a quote taped to my desk from one of his books that I copied because sometimes it fit, "I am in an advanced state of ill humor". Learning of his death, nothing could be closer to the truth.

RIP RBP

No comments: