Sunday, January 31, 2010

And the Journey continues.

My retirement plans have taken me to some strange places. Because I don't want to leave too much for Steve to do when I'm gone I need to make sure I have my final plans paid for. It sounds kinda morbid but I am now older than either sister lived to be but then my dad was 95 so it could, literally, happen at any time.

Do you know that you can buy a granite grave marker, online, for $195 including shipping? Sounds like a pretty good deal. I want to be cremated and my ashes spread around but I would like a marker in the family plot so people will know I existed.

Then I filled out a form under 'funeral insurance' so I'd have it all paid for and can just leave the policy but now I'm getting calls or life insurance. For $25 a month, I can have $10,000 worth of whole life insurance, whatever that means. I've never worried too much about life insurance in the past, I just wanted enough to bury me (or whatever, see above). My company provides $50,000 but that will go away when I retire. In spite of the financial benefits, I'd just as soon wait. So do I pay $25 a month to get the $10,000 or do I just save it and hope I live long enough to get to $10,000 on my own? Ah, dilemmas.

I didn't order the grave marker, even though I like the price. I could I guess and put it in the closet. Then Steve could just put it in the plot, by the girls. But I want a double t on it so I'll shop around later.

I hope I live til later because I'm sure putting stuff off!!

No comments: