Thursday, January 31, 2013

Oprah Magazine

A couple of weeks ago I got a pop up ad to win something fun...a trip I think...and I did not read all of things and the next thing I know, I am signed up for Oprah's magazine.  I tried immediately to cancel but it would not let me without an account number so it was the next day when I got it cancelled.  I never received a bill  or anything else so I thought we were a done deal.  Then a couple of days ago, I got a February 2013 magazine.  I think this is a bi-monthly magazine.  And I am not a fan.  This issue is about simplifying my life and finding more peace.  I always find it totally amusing when Oprah talks about crap like this.  The woman is RICH.  Her life is simplified because she has lackeys at her beck and call to make it simple.  Life is simple when you can sleep to noon every day and then have a cook bring you breakfast in bed.  Life is peaceful at your 50,000 ft home in Hawaii.  Whatever.

I actually used Coke rewards to subscribe one time a few years ago and after they sent me 3 back issues to cover the year with 3 new issues I was ticked off.  Apparently they'd found a way to get rid of them.  And then...Oprah puts HER picture on each and every cover.  I guess a mirror is not enough.  She probably has all of the covers framed so she can admire herself at every turn.

I don't really hate rich people or even Oprah but I obviously get way annoyed when people with endless means tell me how to run my life.  And I resent companies who lure me in with sweepstakes only to push a magazine I didn't want.   And I especially hate when they ignore my cancel requests because they can.

I'll have to keep you posted.  Hopefully no additional magazine and way hope no bill because it will not be pleasant.

No comments: