Saturday, January 5, 2013

Buddy Holly Center

I headed to Tech today to see if I could take some pictured of the old Southwest Conference circle before they dismantled it and alas, I was too late.  The last time I was at Tech taking pictures, I got a picture of the Red Raider but did not think about taking pictures of the the other mascots.  And then I read in the paper that they had to destroy--er dismantle--it to but up some research building of some kind.   I took some other Tech pictures today but am not sure I like them, so I'm not posting them yet.  So...

I actually headed to the Buddy Holly Center since I'd never been there.  They have a display about Buddy's life in Texas and a small movie about him.  And a gift shop, of course.  And a museum with weird wood things.  The truth is, there is not much there.  I watched the movie until the much hated Maria Elena started talking about her great love.  Then I had to go barf.   Ok, I just had to go.

Just inside the Buddy Holly Center

The Center is in an old  train depot which later became a restaurant, oddly called The Depot.  So this sign is a tribute to the past.  
Railroad Crossing

Across the street is the 'Buddy and Maria Elena Park' or some ca-ca like that.  We like Buddy, we hate Maria Elena if you have not yet figured that out.  Basically his family is lucky they can still use their own name  without paying the bitch royalties...but I digress.   Behind Buddy is the West Texas Walk of Fame.
Buddy Holly & the Walk of Fame


It's me!!




No comments: