Saturday, March 17, 2012

Oh, Rosie

There is news today that Rosie O'Donnell's show on the Oprah Network was cancelled after 5 months.  I can't say that I am too surprised that it failed but Oprah's network is apparently not doing well so it will be interesting to see what replaces it.  I do have to admit that I have not only never seen the show and have not seen any other show on OWN either.

I used to like Rosie.  She used to be funny and down to earth.  Her first show had a sweetness about it and she was--or seemed to be--just a fan living the dream.  But then she got political, went on The View, and apparently showed her true and ugly self.   She feuded with Donald Trump and Elizabeth Hasselbeck and whoever else she could piss off and even if she had valid points, her nastiness drove them into the ground.  I got the impression she was trying to put ugly behind her and go back to sweet but you can't unring the bitch bell so I'm not surprised it failed.

I do hope you can find something to do Rosie, but I won't be watching.

No comments: