Saturday, March 24, 2012

Average Woman

As everyone knows, my weight loss struggle continues.  I am on a winning trail right now but it is now and will always be a struggle.  I come from heavy stock and I have ignored the problem for too long but I am motivated right now.  And I watch things like Project Runway where they make clothes for sticks and want us all to believe that a size 2 is a normal size.  But the research shows that the average woman is a size 14, not a size 2.  As I am out and about I see 1 person in a 100 who fits their size 2 model.  And that person would probably like to weigh a little more because, frankly, they look like 12 year old boys body wise.  I am now wearing size 12 pants and have a pair of 10's that fit but are not super comfy.  I hope to be an 8 by summer.  I am big on top so the bottom may make it but I have curves so it's probably not ever gonna happen top wise.  A 12 sounds bad  but I have been a size 20 and I feel so much better.

I saw a story that "fat is the new ugly"...  Apparently fat is the worst thing you can be on the planet you can be in some eyes.  I don't happen to think so but there will always be people who do think so.  Screw them.  I am  more than the size of my body.  Don't like me because of it?  Whatever.  One of the worst offenders I hear every day is Dr Laura who espouses every day her opinion on fat people.  The B can go butt a stump.

No comments: