Tuesday, December 31, 2013

End of Year Thoughts



Well, we made it through another year.  A good thing.  It's been fairly eventful.  I quit my practically volunteer, non-paying job.  I sold my nice house.  I got a really good job that I really like.  I live in a box that I hate.  I have a little savings. I'm practically debt free. I may never again own another house.  I gained a little weight and now have lost back to where I was. My job has blessed me with several new friends  I made it through the holidays in mostly one piece.  Like every other year of my life, I have done the best I can.

So what will 2014 bring?   There is a commercial on TV with a cute little boy making New Year's Revolutions.  His main revolution is to eat more jelly beans.  Not a bad choice at all.

You can go back on this blog and find that I have made resolutions in the past.  I have goals, things I want to do but I've decided that formal resolutions are kinda pointless.  Again, my goal is to do the best I can.

I want to plan a special vacation although my plans have already changed.  I wanted to go to London or Hawaii this year but my boys want to go too and Kyle has an odd feeling about 2014 and I respect that.  So my vacation will probably be meeting my niece Hope in Las Vegas and next year, 2015, will lead to somewhere more exotic.  Who knows...things may change.

In June of 2014 I will find another place to live...out of the box, into somewhere bigger.  6 more months.

Sadly, in 2014 I will probably be a little less trusting.  I have a friend, that for a specific reason, I have lost faith in and feel really disrespected by. This person has taken something from me literally and spiritually.  My heart will be less trusting.

It's not midnight here yet and the fireworks are already going off.

I saw this on my cousin's Facebook page and swiped it.  I hope this is how I can face 2014.

 





No comments: