Sunday, March 7, 2010

Time Tunnel

I have discovered a 1960's series on DVD that I've never seen...actually, my frien Deb was a big fan because of James Darren and I am watching because of James Darren. He's old enough to be my dad but I don't care. He is adorable at any age.

This series involves a secret government experiment in which 2 scientists pop place to place in history. So far we have been on the Titanic, to the moon, in a mine cave-in where no one would help dig because they were waiting for Haleys Comet to wipe out the earth and we are now at Pearl Harbor, where Tony's (JD) dad is stationed and young Tony is played by the kid who played Opie Taylor's friend Arnold.

I've only see the 4 episodes but it's pretty cheesy. Picture Quantum Leap meets EdTV...the guys have an audience in the lab watching everything but they can't get them home. Lee Meriwether and Sam Elliot work in the lab. But I do have to ask some questions: Do they sleep? Shower? Will they wear the same clothes all season? James wears a green turtleneck and his partner is played by an actor that I've seen forever named Robert Colbert and he wears a early 1900's suit. They get pretty dirty but always pop in clean.

It only lasted 1 or 2 seasons (conflicting info, guess we'll see) so it's not really much of a commitment. And James Darren is hot at any age.

No comments: