Monday, March 8, 2010

2010 Oscars

I usually record the Oscars so I can see the dresses and the awards I am interested in and the tributes and oldie awards but do not have to suffer through the cinematography and sound editing awards that only their mothers care about. It cuts it down from about 4 hours to about 45 minutes. Here is what i think:

I love that Jeff Bridges and Sandra Bullock won. I like them both alot and they both gave great performances. I already discussed Jeff in my 'Crazy Hearts' post and Sandra won for playing Louanne Touey in 'Blind Side'. She played a wealthy southern woman whose family adopted a black teenager off the streets, gets him into college and he is now a pro football player. She plays a very loving and smart mom. She dedicated her speech to the moms who love & care for children at any age and then to her mom. It was quite moving.

I think they are nutso to give a tribute to John Hughes and horror movies but do not call Lauren Bacall and Roger Corman on stage to accept Governor's awards. They put friggin Miley Cyrus on stage in a dress that no 16 year old should be wearing and cannot honor Lauren Bacall properly. Idiots.

Alec Baldwin and Steve Martin were not as annoying as I expected. But Neal Patrick Harris should be the host next year.

George Clooney. Sigh. Need I say more?

Sean Penn was barely comprehensible. He's talented but needs to stick to the movies and not come out in public.

I want to see 'Precious' although I think I will cry alot.

Colin Firth. Sigh. Need I say nore?

I never even heard of 'Hurt Locker' but will be watching it soon.

I don't think Hollywood likes James Cameron very much.

I think everyone loves Meryl Streep. She seems to have a great sense of humor.

It was a pretty good 45 minute show. Possibly 15 minutes too long.

No comments: