Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Apollo 13

"With all due respect, sir, I believe this will be our finest hour"

I have seen this movie many times and it one of those that when it's on, I have to sit and watch what happens, From Mrs Lovell's panic as she loses her wedding ring down the drain the night before the launch to Ed Harris in his new vest asking for Go/No Go, to the explosion, the brilliant ingenuity of the guys who fit the square peg in the round hole all the way until the moment the ship hit the water, I was--and am--on the edge of my seat. I love that Neal Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin distract Jim Lovell's mom while she watches the TV coverage.

I love smart men and I love the American heart and I still get major sappy at the fact that these guys used every resource to get their teammates home. It makes me proud to be an American although I usually am on a general basis.

No comments: