Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1, 2009

Today I went to Spur to check out my Dad's Veterans marker and it looks great.



And every McCombs got some red, white & blue roses in honor of July 4.



There are so many people here that I've loved all my life..Mom, Dad, Cathy, Jo, Aunt Allene & Uncle Harold, Aunt Dorothy & Uncle Tommy, Granny, Uncle Raymond, my cousin Jimmy.

After I left the cemetery, I went by the drug store and saw Fay there. Fay owned the flower shop for years and she still knows everything that goes on. She told me there is a large bull snake out at the cemetary. She said she was out there last week and she thought someone had forgotten a water hose on one of the markers and she got closer and saw it slither off. Today, i stepped in a hole beside my mom's grave and my shoe came off and it took me a minute or so to get my shoe out. I can tell you if I'd have seen that snake while my foot was stuck I can guarantee that snake would have had a huge lunch because I'd had a heart attack and he'd have eaten me before the ambulance could have gotten there



No comments: