Monday, October 13, 2008

Iron Chef America, fish and beer

I love Iron Chef America, especially when Bobby Flay is cooking. He always seems to be having a good time. Just to make things clear, I love watching cooking shows but I don't like to cook much and frankly don't recognize most of what they are cooking. The secret ingredient seems to be fish every other week and frankly it looks pretty disgusting. I am admittedly fish illiterate although I've eaten grilled swordfish, salmon & grilled halibut and I like all of those. I think if I had to see them raw I'd probably change my mind.

I'm watching now and the secret ingredient is beer and they are making a lot of stuff with it...fish, of course, chicken, desserts, brats & slaw...I have not seen anything that looks good yet. I don't normally consider myself a picky eater but yuck.

Julie Chen is a guest chef and admits she's not a drinker and has tasted all of the beer and is a little drunk. It's actually pretty amusing.

Bobby Flay is serving really big shrimps with their heads on. Yuck.

I don't like beer much so I'd probably not make a good judge. Yuck.

No comments: