Sunday, February 2, 2014

Tom Selleck

Back in 1980, a show came on CBS called Magnum P. I.  Tom Selleck starred as a private investigator Thomas Magnum, a vet who lived on an estate in Hawaii and solved cases and lived in paradise.  He was a pretty man back then, no doubt.  Not a great actor but a amiable, low key actor.  
Magnum P.I.





The show went on for a few years and he worked steady and was still pretty charming and pretty.  He was never my favorite actor of all time but I always liked him.   Now he is Frank Reagan, the Police Commissioner of New York City on Blue Bloods and I still like him alot.  He is believable and comfortable and fair and standup.  Kinda like he was Magnum who naturally morphed over to the man in charge.

I think I'd like Tom and Frank a lot in real life.



No comments: