Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Bathing Suits

No, folks, it's not a pretty site but I don't care!!   I own one bathing suit and on some days, when I get home from work, I put it on and I go spend some time in my apartment pool.  Yesterday, I was anxious to jump in and it was closed for cleaning and chemical-ing.  Bummer!!   And it was cooler today so I did not go but I will go again and often!!  Here is my pool:


And today, I ordered 2 new bathing suits and less than 1/2 price!!   And they are pretty.  And I'm going to wear them!!  Ok, not on the weekend when all of the hard bodies are out but on the days after work.  And when I go on vacation, they are going with me.


First one, with black skirt bottom


2nd one, navy blue w/white

I found the pics on Google images and the other one said it was "fat chic'.  I've never been chic before.

I have suffered from poor body image all of my life and if you've seen me you'd know why.  Weight is now and always has been a problem.  I've fought it all of my life and I've had some victories (50lbs gone) but it is probably not a fight I'll ever win fully.  But yesterday I turned 56 years old and I have figured out in the last few years that what other people think is not something I can control.  But it is still hard with out with 20 year olds in bikinis at the pool. 

And I found this on Pinterest and it's true:



No comments: