Monday, February 4, 2013

Hearts full of hate

I don't watch the Super Bowl, not even for the commercials but I heard about 'America the Beautiful' performed by a choir made up of Sandy Hook students and Jennifer and I went to find it.  It's here:


It is indeed beautiful.  To take the kids who were around for this tragedy and mix their voices with Jennifer Hudson's (one of the best of her generation) and have them sing one of my favorite songs was a thing of beauty.  But then I read the comments on the video and I was stunned.  Granted, there are only a few commentators and they tend to hide behind their anonymous computer screens and spew their hatred in droves but WOW.  I could not read much but what I read goes from simple accusations of exploitation all the way up to a conspiracy theory that Obama had kinder gardeners killed to pass a gun control agenda.  Um, really?   And the posters are hateful in general and to each other especially.  I hate when something this beautiful cannot be enjoyed for what it is.

I have a twitter account and the people I follow and that follow me are mostly harmless...Texas humor, Texas Tech fans, Downton Abbey fans...but I followed a guy for about 3 days after a retweet from one of my Techies and he is a mean conservative who picks fights and apparently never sleeps.  I unfollowed him and the crap on my twitter feed went down 99%.  Just saying the haters are everywhere and will say things on the computer that we hope they would not say to anyone's actual face.   Dr Phil says people around contribute or contaminate and I try to block out the contaminators in my life.  But dang, they are everwhere!!

I do have to agree with one negative comment I read...Jennifer has a beautiful Weight Watchers body and she can wear anything she likes but that skirt?  Eek!!



No comments: