Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I lost another friend that I didn't even know

I read today in an Entertainment Weekly magazine that author Maeve Binchy died at age 72 on July 30.  I guess she was not high profile enough for anyone else to even notice but I'm glad EW noticed. According to her official website Official website here she wrote 17 novels along with 4 books of short stories.  I probably read half of them.  She was an Irish writer who told a gentle story and created characters that you'd like to meet in real life.  Her most famous work was "Circle of Friends" which was made into a movie starring Minnie Driver and Chris O'Donnell.  I thought I had one of her books on my shelf waiting to be read but if it's there, it's hidden.  So, Maeve, thanks for some beautiful stories and may you RIP.

Here is a great article about her: Great Article

No comments: