Sunday, May 27, 2012

Why are people so rude?

As you read earlier, I have a new alarm.  I wanted the best deal and was shopping around and had actually made an appointment with a man to come on Friday to talk alarm.  But, Thursday night a man was at my door, sent by a friend, and he sold alarms and he sold to me.  They even installed that night!  So on Friday I called the man to cancel the appointment and he asked why.  I told him I'd already purchased and his manner changed 180 degrees.  He asked how I could make a decision without even talking to him first.  WTF?  Then he got worse when I would not tell him who I went with because, frankly, I did not want to hear any bashing.  I finally had to tell him to have a nice summer and hang up because he would not stop.  I know the economy is rough but seriously?  If his attitude is indicative of his company, no thanks.

Then last week I talked to a man who had done work for me before to get a painting estimate and he told me he was very busy and was not sure when he could give me an estimate.  So I shopped around, found another person and when he called me to tell me he had "not forgotten about me" I told him I'd hired someone else and he hung up on me.  Again, seriously?

Dudes, you don't get every sale.  I won't call again and I won't recommend.

No comments: