Saturday, September 24, 2011

They were 'Some Kind of Wonderful'



Lorraine and I went to our annual fair freebie "I can't believe they are still alive" 98 Kool rock concert and saw Grand Funk Railroad.  I have to admit I did not know many of their songs and did not even realize 'Some Kind of Wonderful' belonged to them.  But the music was good...and loud...and everyone had a good time.  And we got to eat fair food which made it all good too.   As with most of the 1969 bands these days, most are not original but the drummer who was a major ham and amazing is original!!   I mention this every year but  people who have been on the road for 42 years fascinate me.  In the picture below, sadly, we cant see him because he is hidden by the light.




So here is their promo pic which I swiped from Google.  He is the with with the big gray hair:

The striped pants scare me though.
And I read in the paper that Homer Simpson calls them "The best rock band of all time".   Its an honor that no other band can claim and that says something, right?

No comments: