Thursday, June 16, 2011

I think Casey Anthony will be found not guilty...

She is guilty...no doubt about that.    I have not watched every word but this is a circumstantial case.  Casey is a horrible mom, a liar of the first degree, cold as ice.   If you asked her how many pennies were in a nickel she would lie to you.  How a human being leaves HER CHILD in a bag in a field to be chewed on by animals is beyond my brain.  She deserves to be found guilty because she is.   But....I'm not sure I could find her guilty knowing the death penalty is on the table with the evidence in front of me.  If it were just life in prison I would ring her up without a doubt.    See, the thing is, I don't believe in the death penalty.  It's too easy.   She should be in prison for the rest of her life, no doubt.   And I don't mean air conditioned, cable and internet prison.  I mean chain gang.  She should spend 12 hours a day, 6 days a week digging a hole in the hot sun, only to refill it and then dig it again.  She should eat bologna and grits and tuna casserole.  She should have a roommate named Bertha who hates child killers.  And if she did something to abuse Caylee then that should be done to her everyday.  Burn a kid with an iron?   At 2pm everyday someone comes to your cell to burn you with an iron.    I'm not soft on crime.  I just am not sure I could make a decision to put someone to death on the evidence.

We'll see what happens but I'm glad I'm not on the jury.

No comments: