Friday, June 10, 2011

The first Chef I loved

I love the food network.  Love Guy.  Love Bobby Flay.  Love, love, love Paula Deen.   But the first chef to win my heart was this one:
The Chef of my Dreams

The first time we met was in about 1964...I remember this because Cathy was still living at home and we lived on Davis street in Bagdad.  It was a party of some kind....birthday, graduation...something.  I remember mom making a few pizzas and there was a case of cokes in bottles.  You have to understand that the reason this made such an impression was that we did not eat this food or drink cokes.  And I remember it being the best thing I'd ever tasted.  I only got a slice or 2 because I was 7 and Cathy & Jo were 18 & 17 so I really was not invited to the party.  I had to eat and go.   

Later, when I had my own apartment, I could buy this and add stuff to it and it was even better.  Even back then this was marketed as a pizza, not a pizza maker or a pizza kit (the stage between pizza and pizza maker).    I don't make them much but I did today:

My Pizza Today

Thanks Chef!!!    It's lunch time!!


No comments: