Tuesday, January 4, 2011

It's 2011

It's January 4 and I guess it's time to reflect on what we accomplished last year and goals for the coming year.  I don't know why we all do this but somehow the year changing brings it out in all of us.

Certainly the weight loss is still a struggle.  I weigh less than I did in high school right now--yep, I was a chunko even then.  I am for the most part comfortable where I am and try not to beat myself up about it.  But I'd be happy to drop another 40 pounds.  I would be an official skinny minnie then.  We are talking about a trip to Hawaii in October and I'd like to wear a bathing suit.    So my goal there is back on the Weight Watchers plan that I know works and keep going down.  And it's kind of an excuse but I am afraid to get on the treadmill or eliptical because of my foot.  We are not yet fully healed, even though it's much better.  I hope I can do it without another excuse when the foot is healed.

I've made the decision to move to Weatherford in April.  I have a man who wants to buy the house--keep your fingers crossed that it goes through--and I hope to get on with the school system or get another part time job when I get there.  My dear friend Donna is there and I have family in Flower Mound and Dallas.  I think I will enjoy being closer to the big city and hope to be able to see a few Rangers games a year and take advantage of some big city amenities while living in a smaller town.  Weatherford looks bigger because the interstate goes through there but there are really only about 30,000 people there, a much smaller town than Lubbock.    It's a beautiful little city with trees and cowboys and farmers markets.   I have not lived anywhere but Lubbock since I graduated from Tech except for one miserable year in San Antonio.   That year I was 25,  lonely and too far from mom & daddy.  I know people do it but I was not meant to see them 2 times a year.    Now I'm older and no longer have any ties and I'm wanting a new adventure.

I mentioned Hawaii and hope it happens.  I love traveling with Robbie & Kyle and we are talking about a full week.  The weather seems oddly constant so we won't be going at a cold time of year.   All our other trips have been fun but not enough time.  We want to see it all.  Got a good price from the travel agent for Saturday to Saturday, 2 islands, nice hotels, airfare.   I can hardly wait!!

The rest of 2011?   Well, flying by the seat of my pants, something I am learning to do.  I want to try not to be so structured.   I've done ok  moneywise on the retirement and the part time job so that worry is not as intrusive.  I am sleeping better, trying to eat better, trying to visit with family and meet new people and am basically doing the best I can.  I'm not rich but that was never going to happen anyway.  I am looking forward to getting to know a new city, a new home (although I wish I could take my current one with me!!).  I am even going to admit I would like to find a new man to share time with.   That wish was always there but never admitted in public (or to the 3 people who read my blog!!).  Weatherford is full of cowboys, some of my favorite people!!    Maybe one would like to meet a chunky-but-working-on-it, retired, structured -but-trying -to-loosen-up, Rangers fan who is doing the best she can.  Wish me luck!!

No comments: