Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter, a long time ago..


I don't know exactly what year this was taken but we lived in on Davis Street in Bagdad from 1st grade--1963 through 3rd grade--1965. I'm thinking 1st grade because I had a particularly rough year on the playground. Notice the wounds on my left leg...not just the bandaid which could have been anything but the scab on the knee which I had my entire 1st grade year as I tended to fall off the merry go round on a regular basis.
Mom made the dress and there was probably some gloves and a new purse to go with the hat. I always got new shoes, a new hat, gloves and purse. The red arm and shadow belongs to Tony King, according to the back of the picture. The only thing I really remember is that I don't think he lived with his parents...or maybe his mom was there but I don't remember a dad around. Maybe he and his mom lived with his grandparents. The house behind him was his...we live across the street. We were about to go to church and had already had Easter baskets and hunted eggs. A few pieces of candy but mostly Paas colored eggs. I can still smell the vinegar. After church there would have been ham or roast for lunch. Then we would have changed into play clothes and played outside til dark.

As you can see, I was a dork even then.

No comments: