Saturday, March 21, 2009

Castle

I've discovered a new television show called 'Castle' and I really like it. It stars Nathan Fillion from 'Waitress' as a mystery writer named, appropriately enough, Castle. He has a sweet and smart 15 year old daughter and his mom, a former actress and fulltime ditz, lives with them. The 1st show has a killer using his books as inspiration and he becomes involved with the case and the pretty detective in charge. I see 'Moonlighting' type flirting and fighting in their futures. I don't remember seeing the actress that plays the detective before but she seems to have good chemistry with Castle. They work well together. And he has a very charming relationship with his daughter. I don't always like children on tv (or anywhere else for too long for that matter) but I like this relationship a lot. It's only been on 2 episodes and I'm looking forward to the next, on Monday.

That being said, I give it 3 more episodes before it's cancelled. Any show that I get attached to tends to get the ax quickly. In fact, I normally wait til a show has been on for a couple of seasons and then Netflix it so I can stem my disappointment at it being cancelled so quickly. But it will be fun while it lasts.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Well it is two years later and Castle is still on the air and got picked up again for next season. I love it too....and Nathan Fillion!! I always feel the same way when I like a show, they always get cancelled.