Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back to the Blog

It's been a while. The truth is I've had a pretty sucky few weeks. On February 21 my dad died. He'd been in the hospital for 1 week and then in the nursing home 1 week and that was it. It was quick and he did not seem to suffer too much. They said he had pneumonia in the hospital and were giving him antibiotics to clear that up. And his death certificate says he had emphysema and had had it "for years" and that was news to us. Not one time had any doctor said a thing about it. But whatever the ultimate cause, somethng had not been right for a few weeks. He was falling a lot and he was out of it in a lot of ways. It finally came to a point that I could not get him up and I called the ambulance and the rest is history.

I know that my dad is in better place. He's with my mom. He was tired. He was lonely. He'd had a good life and was ready for his 'final roundup'.

I miss him like all get out. I have trouble typing this through the tears. I have trouble with the quiet house and I have too much time on my hands,. I know things will get easier but right now it hurts.

No comments: