Saturday, November 29, 2008

New Author

I have found a new author named Linda Ladd. Technically, she is not new because she's been a romance writer for several years but she is now writing mysteries with a detective named Claire Morgan. Claire is a former LAPD detective who has moved now to a small sheriff's office in Missouri. I like her character, her partner, her CSI team and her boyfriend. The character is well written and the story has me interested to the point that I don't want to put the book down.

The first book is 'Head to Head' and it was virtually impossible to find. I checked Barnes & Noble locally & online and Amazon and could only find in the marketplace on Amazon for a very unreasonable price. I finally found it on half.com where I paid the price listed on the paperback--like $6.99--for a used book. And that was a bargain. I even went to Linda Ladd's website to see if it was for sale there and ended up emailing to ask and she answered me back!! It was not a form letter but a personal note. She told me she'd just come back from Texas where she'd been on a cruise and she asked if we'd been hit by the hurricane. The week before was our famous Sept 11 flood and I ended up sending her a picture of the Jones under water.

The book was worth the wait.

No comments: