Sunday, November 30, 2008

Jerry Lee Lewis

I'm Netflixing 'T J Hooker' first season and Jerry Lee Lewis is a guest in one of the episodes. I've always been fascinated watching him perform. He has always been portrayed as a pretty strange little character but no one can deny his talent. And his cousins include Mickey Gilley, another amazing performer and fallen preacher Jimmy Swaggert. Don't you know that is some fun family reunion. Since i have no musical ability, I am always jealous of anyone who does and especially somone who has as natural an abiltiy as Lewis and Gilley.

On the other hand, the acting on TJ Hooker is pretty bad. Or maybe it's the scripts. Either way, it's a pretty bad combo. But I'm holding out for the James Darren days and then, come to find out, he doesn't even start as a regular til the last episode of season one. And with my luck, they will never put season two on dvd. Oh, and the hair is bad and the short shorts are a hoot. And I'm talking Adrien Zmed. Something about all of the rookies runing in shorts that just cover their butts and Sam Browns that hang below the shorts is just wrong. Really wrong.

No comments: